To be eligible for a PFund scholarship you must be:
• Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender allied student
• Resident of Minnesota or attending
a qualifying Minnesota post-secondary academic institution
• Enrolled in a post-secondary academic program
• Not a current PFund board member or partner of a current PFund board member
Scholarship applications must be postmarked by February 2, 2015.
Generally range from $2,000
to $5,000 with one 10,000 scholarship award available.
$60,000 in scholarship awards for fiscal year 2015.
• Applicant’s affirmation of LGBT or allied identity
• Evidence of significant service and leadership
• Evidence of serving, leading and working for change in LGBT communities, including as a role model, mentor and/or advisor. No applicant will be eliminated from consideration for lack of opportunities to participate in LGBT activities.
Preparing Your Scholarship Application
PFund encourages applicants to contact Kayva Yang, Director of Programs, at kyang@PFundOnline.org or 612-870-1806 to discuss eligibility, judging criteria, scholarship awards available and how to develop a strong application.
Scholarship Review Process
The PFund Scholarship Program makes award decisions each year through a community review process. A committee made up of LGBT and allied volunteers reviews the pool of applications, discusses them and through consensus, selects scholarship recipients. PFund Board of Directors approves the release of funds for the scholarship awards. The PFund Board of Directors approves the scholarship award recommendations in mid-May. All applicants are notified of the final decision by the end of May via email and mail. The scholarship award checks will be issued by the end of June.