To be eligible for a PFund scholarship you must be:
• LGBT or allied student
• Resident of Minnesota or attending
a qualifying Minnesota academic institution
• Enrolled in a post-secondary program for the following
fall academic term
• Not a current PFund board member or partner of a current PFund board member
Scholarship applications must be postmarked by Feb. 1, 2014.
Generally range from $2,000
$60,000 in scholarship awards for fiscal year 2014.
• Applicant’s affirmation of LGBT or allied identity.
• Evidence of significant service and leadership.
• Evidence of serving, leading and working for change in LGBT communities,
including as a role model, mentor and/or advisor. Please note that no applicant will be eliminated from consideration for lack of opportunities to participate in LGBT activities. We understand that some students come from areas where there is little or no LGBT community; this will be taken into account.
to specific scholarship criteria, where applicable.
Preparing Your Scholarship Application
PFund encourages applicants to contact Program Officer, Kayva Yang at kyang@PFundOnline.org or 612-870-1806 to discuss eligibility, judging criteria, scholarship awards available and how to develop a strong application.
Scholarship Review Process
The PFund Scholarship Program makes award decisions each year through a community review process. A committee made up of LGBT and allied volunteers reviews the pool of applications, discusses them and through consensus, selects scholarship recipients. PFund Board of Directors approves the release of funds for the scholarship awards. Decisions are finalized each year by May 1st. Scholarship checks are issued in June.